Scroll down to the sign-up form below to join our community of oil and natural gas supporters and help us celebrate National Energy Awareness Month! We have a lot to be proud of! Did you know that the oil and natural gas industry...
Boosts your ECONOMY
- Our oil and natural gas industry creates jobs, reduces energy costs, and makes us less dependent on other nations. Its state royalties and tax revenues pave our roads, build our schools, and fund our first responders.
- Producing natural gas through fracking is critical for Texas’ energy supply, since renewable energy sources only provide power when the wind is blowing or the sun is shining.
Supports your SAFETY
- The oil and natural gas industry is one of the most regulated industries in the nation. While the fracking technique has been used for decades, the process has been continuously refined to be even more safe and effective.
- Oil and natural gas operators in Texas use safety systems that include multiple layers of steel casing (pipe) and cement, as well as a fracturing compound (or fracking fluid) that is 99.5 percent water and sand, and only 0.5 percent chemically-based additives.
Protects your ENVIRONMENT
- Air quality improvements show that responsible oil and natural gas development can protect the environment while fueling our economy and advancing our energy security.
- Methane emissions from natural gas systems have decreased by 16% over the last 25 years while production has skyrocketed. Methane accounts for just 10% of total greenhouse gas emissions in the United States and of that 10%, less than 4% of methane emissions come from oil and natural gas systems.
- Thanks to natural gas used for power generation, CO2 emissions are near 20-year lows.