Happy Holidays from the Texas Oil and Natural Gas Industry! To celebrate the season, and TXOGA is giving away $100 gift cards!
Whether you're using fuel to head home for the holidays or using natural gas in the kitchen to prepare holiday treats, many of the things that make the holidays special are brought to you by Texas Oil and Natural Gas!
Oil and natural gas is so important to Texas. In fact, in fiscal year 2019, the oil and natural gas industry supported more than 428,000 direct jobs and paid more than $16 billion in state and local taxes and state royalties – the highest total in Texas history – funding our state’s schools, roads and first responders. AND oil and natural gas is responsible for 96% of the products that make our modern lives possible – from eyeglasses, sports equipment, medicines, heart valves, Halloween costumes and candy – oil and natural gas is indispensable to our daily lives!
Did you know?
- Since 2007, the oil and natural gas industry has paid more than $149 billion in state and local taxes and state royalties. That’s money that benefits every Texan – whether you live near the oil patch or not.
- 94% of Texas voters believe it is important to keep energy and gasoline prices affordable.
- 94% of Texas voters believe it is important to produce enough energy so the U.S. is not as reliant on other countries for oil.
- 83% of Texas voters support congressional action to invest in energy infrastructure to increase the production and distribution of domestic energy.
- 70% of Independent Texas voters think natural gas and oil will be a significant part of America’s energy needs 20 years from now.
- 74% of voters in Texas, including 65 percent of Democrats and 71 percent of Independents, believe the natural gas and oil industry will have an important role in helping the economy recover from the economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
- 86% of Texas voters think natural gas and oil provide a value to their life.
- 72% of Texas voters agree that our country’s national security has increased because America is producing more natural gas and oil.